Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#5 Explore Flikr


I usually use Shutterfly for my online photo "stuff" and found Flikr a little bit harder to navigate. Although, it does look like I will be able to do more with Flickr than Shutterfly once I get the hang of it. I did use the red-eye feature on the dog and guinea pig pictures, and it was easy!

The introduction slideshow/tutorial to Flikr was very helpful, but it made using Flikr look a lot easier than it really is. I think it's like anything else, you have to learn a new "lingo" and how to get around and then you'll be fine.

The sheer volume of options is a little overwhelming, but also inspiring. The creative applications really make me want to do something artistic with some of my pictures (not any of the ones I have shown here!) The slideshow above is just a few goofy moments from the past couple of months around the ZamFam house. Pets and kids. What could be better?

And Luna is a "Caymanian Water Hound" which is to say a mutt I got at the Human Society in the Cayman Islands when I lived there. She was one hour away from being euthanized, weighed only four pounds and was covered in raw, open wounds and cigarette burns. Sometimes in January, I feel bad about bringing her to the Great White North (no more beach runs!), but I figure the alternative was much, much worse!

Addendum:

The feature to embed the html code did not work to get my slideshow on my blog, so I looked at Beth's blog, entered pictobrowser.com via her blog and embedded with no problem. This was very frustrating though! I'm not sure if the problem was on the Flikr end of things or Blogger's.

No comments: