Tuesday, October 14, 2008

#10 Play Around with Image Generators

This "task" was loads of fun. (Again listen for the giant sucking sound as time goes swooping into the Internet vortex!)

I thought that The Generator Blog was excellent and easy to use. I was so impressed I added it to my Google Reader so I will always be on the cutting edge of generator technology! One fun one was the BabyMaker 3000, which surprisingly is found on the Volkswagen site. Here is a picture of my husband and me with our real kids:



Using BabyMaker 3000, I used this exact picture, isolated our faces and uploaded us. Here is the baby generated:



It is a lot better than I thought it would be! I was expecting more along the lines of what Conan O'Brien does! Cute, but my real babies are still way cuter!!! And then here is another one I tried for comparison from Make Me Babies. This site allows you to choose celebrities as well, which I guess is supposed to be fun for some people. . . .




Frankly, most of these just creeped me out, but a site that I thought was awesome and that had some possibilities for librarians was Letter James. They offer all kinds of standard images that can then be personalized like the two below. They offer calendars too, which would make great gifts. For libraries, their images could make excellent publicity or signage as easy as just typing in some text, saving and printing. Awesome!




Please note that the graffiti is the work of an amateur tagger (of the "old skool" variety)! I had no idea what pithy statement to write . . . And the "Go Cubs!" is rather sadly very belated. There's always next year. . . .

And lastly, there are literally thousands of name generators out there, but one fun one was the Hip Hop Name Generator. My Hip Hop name is Tha Notorious La Vida Loca. I want a nametag for work with that on it. You know, building rapport and all that.

No comments: