Thursday, October 30, 2008

#11 Library Thing

I became aware of LibraryThing several years ago and always thought that in my "free time" I would someday start an account and catalog my books. Well, "someday" has arrived, not that I have any free time! I am glad that I have an account since now I can grab a stack of books, enter a few at a time and voila! I have my own personal catalog. I was impressed at how easy and user-friendly this site is. While still powerful and useful, it is not overwhelming.

This is what I like most about LibraryThing. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want. You can easily open an account, add some books and you're all set. If you never use any of the other tools, you still have a nifty way of managing your personal collection. But LibraryThing offers much more through the use of tagging, recommendations, user-generated reviews, blogs, news and other content.

I am going to systematically add my titles, so the items showing on my catalog now are an odd sliver of my collection, but will be more indicative of my reading as time goes on.

Will you look at that? I got through an entire post without a picture, image or visual!

No comments: